What is Sports Physiotherapy?
Sports Physiotherapy is a specialised area within physiotherapy that focuses on accurate assessment, diagnosis and treatment of sporting injuries. Sports Physiotherapy also works closely with athletes to prevent injuries.
What is an APA Sports Physiotherapist?
These highly qualified physiotherapists have undergone post-graduate studies in injury management, prevention and treatment. Once they attain this level they are recognised by the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) as an APA Sports Physiotherapist. This qualification is a prerequisite to work with Olympic, Commonwealth and Australian level athletes.
How can Sports Physiotherapy help you?
Sports Physiotherapy can:
- Result in a quicker recovery and return to sport following injury
- Improve your sporting performance or technique
- Improve your flexibility, strength and co-ordination
- Advise you how to improve your fitness
- Educate you in the best management of your injury/condition
- Co-ordinate physiotherapy coverage at sporting events