Elite Strength & Conditioning
What is Elite Strength and Conditioning Training?
A combination of strength training and aerobic conditioning specifically designed to improve your sporting performance and reduce injury.
Classes are small, gym based with cardio equipment, squat rack, deadlift platform and full weights range.
Working in partnership with Physiotherapist + Strength and Conditioning Coach, Patrick Au, you will set goals for improvement in each of the areas of:
What are the benefits of Elite Strength and Conditioning Training?
Lopez et al. (2018) found that resistance training for adults at a frequency of 1–6 sessions per week, training volume of 1–3 sets of 6–15 repetitions and intensity of 30–70% 1-RM promoted significant enhancements on muscle strength, muscle power, and functional outcomes. In addition, a study conducted by Beattie et al. (2016) concluded that strength training in an endurance athlete’s program has shown improvements in injury prevention and improved economy, muscle power and performance.
 Lopez, P., Pinto, R. S., Radaelli, R., Rech, A., Grazioli, R., Izquierdo, M., & Cadore, E. L. (2018). Benefits of resistance training in physically frail elderly: a systematic review. Aging clinical and experimental research, 30(8), 889-899.
 Beattie, K., Kenny, I. C., Lyons, M., & Carson, B. P. (2014). The effect of strength training on performance in endurance athletes. Sports Medicine, 44(6), 845-865.
How are the sessions run?
- Before commencing your Gym Studio session, you will discuss your goals / expected outcomes and establish baseline performance measures with Patrick in an in-rooms consult.
- Patrick will then draw up a program for you specific to those goals and take you through a 1:1 Studio Gym based session to confirm the program is well suited to you.
- Once Patrick and you are happy that you’re working well to an appropriately challenging level, you will move into a small group class (max 4 participants) in the Studio Gym.
- Strength and conditioning classes currently run one evening per week for a duration of 45 mins (days and time to be inserted here).
- This program is designed to support and improve your performance in other physical activities that you’re participating in.
Elite Strength and Conditioning Training may be of benefit if you are:
- An athlete who is returning to sport post injury or surgery who is seeking a bridge between preliminary rehab and resuming sports performance.
- An athlete who feels the plateau and wants to ramp up performance.
- A Pre-Season trainer who wants to start the season strong and reduce risk of injury.