What is Orthopaedic Rehabilitation?
Orthopaedic Rehabilitation is a specialised area within physiotherapy that focuses on recovery after injury or surgery. At Bellbird Sports and Spinal we commonly see people after hip, knee, ankle, foot and shoulder surgery and when recovering from fractures. Your physiotherapist works closely with your surgeon to ascertain any restrictions you may have and inform them of your progress.
How can Orthopaedic Rehabilitation help you?
Physiotherapy after injury or surgery aims to:
- Safely guide you to achieving your best outcome
- Reduce pain and swelling
- Improve movements of the operated or injured joint
- Help you walk again, with or without crutches/stick
- Improve your muscle strength
- Help you return to your normal activities as quickly as possible