- A first appointment explaining the program and collecting data on your current functional ability
- Two education sessions which teach you about osteoarthritis, how the GLA:D Australia exercises improve joint stability, and how to retain this improved joint stability outside of the program
- Group neuromuscular training sessions twice a week for six weeks to improve muscle control of the joint which leads to reduction in symptoms and improved quality of life.
The GLA:D program is an eight week intervention and includes education and exercise, based on the latest evidence in osteoarthritis research. The program is supervised by a certified GLA:D physiotherapist, with the aim to help patients manage their OA symptoms.
GLA:D® Australia training consists of:
- An initial appointment with a GLA:D certified physiotherapist explaining the program and collecting data on baseline functional ability
- Two education sessions where you will learn about OA, how the GLA:D intervention improves joint stability and can reduce symptoms, and ongoing management following the program
- Group neuromuscular training sessions which occur twice a week for six weeks to improve muscle control of the joint.
GLA:D® Australia is being unveiled in private and public hospitals and physiotherapy clinics.