Under stage 4 lockdown rules we are continuing to provide in rooms physiotherapy and podiatry services to people who meet the following criteria:
- Their condition is likely to significantly deteriorate if not treated (Premier’s statement business restrictions).
- They display no symptoms of COVID-19 (See entry requirement)
- Have not had recent close contact with a known or likely case of COVID-19 (See entry requirement)
We are still offering Telehealth appointments to all clients (Telehealth)
At least 5 Private health insurance companies, including BUPA, now include Physiotherapy Telehealth consultations in their extras cover. You should contact your insurance company for details.
TAC now covers telehealth appointments.
Physiotherapists at Bellbird Sports & Spinal offer Telehealth appointments.
Clinical Exercise Update
Over the last few weeks our lives have been turned upside down. We have seen some of the most wonderful and heart warming things around the clinic as staff and the community show how we are looking out for each other.
Sadly each week that has passed it has become harder to run our exercise sessions despite all of the social distancing and infection control procedures in place at the clinic. Hence all group exercise sessions are either postponed or moving online for the next few months.
We are still open for physiotherapy consultations either in person or via Telehealth
We are offering some online Zoom classes for term 2 and term 3. Mel Fox ran 3 trial sessions last week and the feedback was wonderful – thank you for those who attended virtually. More details are available on our Clinical Exercise – Circuit Classes page, including cost and timetabling.
Small Studio Sessions
All sessions have been postponed until further notice. Anyone with pre purchased passes will have the expiry date extended until the end of the year.
Laura will be in touch regarding the remainder of your sessions
Eleanor is getting on touch with you all regarding the remainder of your sessions
WorkSafe Victoria has announced they have introduced telehealth consultations for physiotherapy clients.
The new item codes will allow workers to access essential health services in their home if they enter self-isolation and reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for vulnerable people in the community.
This is a temporary measure and will be reviewed regularly by WorkSafe Victoria.
It is expected that telehealth services are provided when clinically appropriate and should not replace face-to-face consultations unless there is a need.
Please call if you believe this service is appropriate for you.
We are still are still waiting to hear if other third party insurers such as TAC and DVA will introduce a similar plan.
The Federal Minister for Health, The Hon Greg Hunt: The Australian Minister for Health has today confirmed that ALL allied health businesses can continue working and are encouraged to do so.
Bellbird Sports & Spinal is a health service provider and in accordance with Government instructions are continuing to provide services to the public. Some of our systems have changed since the arrival of the coronavirus in Australia. We have introduced new services in order to continue meeting the changing needs of our community. Please read the following points before attending Bellbird Sports & Spinal. These points will change in accordance with best practice and changes in government directives. We will highlight these changes.
As a healthcare facility we continue to be open but we need your assistance to protect the community.
- If you should be in isolation according to Department of Health guidelines you should not attend this facility. We have video conferencing options that can be very effective (Telehealth).
- You should not attend this facility if:
- You have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Had contact with someone with Coronavirus or who is suspected of having Coronavirus
- Or any of these symptoms: Cough, runny nose, fever or shortness of breath.
- We are doing our best to implement physical distancing during the COVID-19 event.
- Please don’t present in the consult room unless you are the patient or the guardian of a patient under 16 years of age. If you have a special need to join someone in the consult room please ask reception, preferably call before the consultation.
- In the consultation room please use the far seat, we will not be offended.
- Before and after each consultation the treatment bench is wiped down with disinfectant, this is our normal procedure. We have added cleaning the desk, arm rests and door handles after each consultation.
- Everyone who enters the building is required to thoroughly clean their hands. If your hands are visibly clean (No dirt or otherwise soiled) then use hand sanitiser provided at the cleaning station as you enter the building. If your hands are visibly soiled you will need to wash them with soap and water at a sink to the left of reception.
- Gloves are a more effective vector for the spread of virus than hands. Details can be found at: https://www.hha.org.au/hand-hygiene/what-is-hand-hygiene/glove-use. If there is a special need to wear gloves please contact reception before attending the clinic. Otherwise we ask that you do not wear gloves while at this facility.
- Please avoid using cash for payments.
- Physiotherapists are the long standing experts at exercise to aid recovery. If you are needing exercise to help your recovery, we can help.
- We have responsibly spaced exercise areas for people who do not need to be isolated.
- The exercise equipment used in each exercise session is allocated to one participant only and cleaned with disinfectant before and after each.
- Yes, we have enough space and reformers to do this.
Please contact us for more information or if you have any health concerns in these uncertain times.